To support this ecumenical congregation’s vision of outreach and growth, WBRC designed an expansion and renovation design that preserved the best-loved spaces and traditions of this classic 1844 structure, while improving access and circulation, and adding much needed additional space. This required an addition to connect the three-story Parish House with the two-story church on a small corner footprint. The addition provided handicapped access to all areas of the church, and incorporated flexibility to meet growing program needs.
The tasteful expansion included new education and multipurpose facilities, elevator, new entrance, and lobby. The project successfully combined the church’s historic architectural heritage with the needs of today and tomorrow, and a new front entrance, gardens, and lobby welcomes church members and visitors.